Monday, October 1, 2007

Voices for Peace

So I just got back from an event I organized and turned out awesome! We arranged for speakers and artists and musicians to speak about the meaning of peace in their lives-It was amazing-I brought that tryptich I made about Julia Butterfly and Aung San Sui Kyi-I am amazed by some of the stories I heard-from parents and vets. There was a 21 year old girl, Wendy Varranco-who had been in the service for 3 years and deployed for 8 months on the front lines! She said its a lie that the govt, tells us that there are no women out there-shes organizing for the Iraq Veterans against the War.
When I was her age I was just wondering where the next frat party was!
Im trying to distract myself with all I have to do to get ready for my next trip-I have to pack for Seattle and Houston quilt show as there isnt enough time between to order stuff--better go and get to bed so I can face the day!

No comments: