Sunday, January 27, 2008

Grand News!


This is one of my Art Quilts! I'll be teaching this class at ArtFiber Fest! Yippee! Im so excited-I will be teaching at ArtFiber Fest near Seattle In October! I just found out that I will be teaching the classes Hand Lettered Journal Pouches,( the pouches from the last post!) Book of Intentions and Hand Lettered Art Quilt. So great to be chosen again-I really Love Art Fest and the Moores and what an honor!
I got the latest cover to my book. I am getting pretty excited now-Closer and closer to the end of the book process-now the second part begins-promotion!! My headshot appointment is on Thursday-this is amazing and strange
Went to the We Barbarians appearance at Open Bookstore-also it was an opening for the art of Matt Maust-a guy in the band Cold War Kids who makes incredible collages for the band and there were many originals there-the band was aaawesome and the art was very cool-I will try to post a link to Matt's art. He also did the cover art for my fave poet Derrick Brown's book who read at my art and poetry opening a couple years ago so I think of him as my friend!! But hes all famous and everything now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa........this piece is gorgeous but I think every thing you do is gorgeous. I have admired your artwork for awhile now and just love seeing it and the hand lettering. Love those pouches also. Can't wait to see your book :o)