Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MAJOR PARTY!


Please come to my Book Launch Party! Here is the info-and all are welcome-I have some very special guests coming! The amazing Jill Bell and many of my contributors. Wonderful piano music and we're working on some cool live music too-Tacos, Beer-all free!!


B O O K L A U N C H P A R T Y!
Please come celebrate the Release Of *

MODERN MARK MAKING
by Lisa Engelbrecht
Rockport/Quarry Publishers
SUNDAY, AUGUST 24th-5:00 pm ‘till whenever!
6329 Mariquita Street, Long Beach, 90803

featuring Very Special Guests...
My contributors!
Plus Surprise guests
LIVE CALLIGRAPHIC PAINTING by Lisa and the contributors

LIVE GRAFFITI PAINTING by the UTI crew
( only the finest on the west coast!)
These panels will be auctioned off to benefit
the Homeland Cultural Center Murals Program

TACOS AND DINNER by Salvador
Wine and Beer
Live Music
Absolutely no obligation to buy the book or DVD-
(the contributors and I would love to sign your book-
so bring it if you have it!)
I just want to celebrate with you!
This will also be a Bon Voyage party for Kristin and Sarah
as they embark on their next great adventures

ALSO
I Have the pleasure of announcing that I will be book signing and demo-ing at the First Saturday Art Walk in Santa Ana Artists Colony for the Art Bar-This will be Saturday September 6th, 7 to 9 pm. Books will be available for purchase -This is such a great event-live music-open studios. Go to yhe l;ink on the right for the Art BAr for more info
Sorry-to be so sporadic here but life is pretty much a full tilt boogie right now!

3 comments:

Edie said...

I *wish* I could be there! Any chance of getting some video for UTube of the calligraphic and graphiti painting? graffiti? I kind of like the graphiti spelling... but I digress. 3000 miles is too far for me to hitchhike at my physical age - but my inner (s)elf is THERE! Party hard, paint with glorious abandon, and then post footage for the rest of us!

Edie
A new convert to mark-making, thanks to the push in the tush your book gave me!

Katy said...

Lisa, I got your book several weeks ago, and I love it! I started dabbling in calligraphy several years ago, and your book has inspired me to renew my efforts and get to practicing. Thank you for the inspiration!

Blessings,
Katy Sammons

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OH LISA..HAVE A SUPER TIME!!! I WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT.

Eat a few of those YUMMY Tacos for me!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo