Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Bit About ArtFiber Fest in Seattle






well, really Port Townsend which is this beautiful town I could see myself living in -if it werent cold and rainy alot! The fest is at Fort Worden-a beautiful view from my former barracks window-check my flickr link at right! I taught all three days and wow what a bunch of wonderful people-I did the Book of Intentions class for the first time-amazing books and great class and super intentions all round. Next year the Art Fiber Fest will be moving -in date and location-so check on the title above that will take you to Teeshas website and you can look up the scoop once its finalized-Im off to Boston and Absolutely Everything-a great store where I will be teaching Friday night, thru the weekend-must get back to packing!
BUT I wanted to tell a little about AFF-littered thru my pics are some of the show and tell night-I met Ruth Rae and Alisa Burke-they are so nice and so cute!!Their students cranked out such neato work-HAVE to take a class.
I had a day in Seattle and did the tourist thing in my 15 person van-that was fun-the only car the rental company had left -better than $100 a day at another company tho -so it was Lisa the Truck driver! parking in downtown Ballard and Seattle was a treat. I happened upon Ballard"s Farmers market ( Ballard is a super cool neighborhood in North Seattle) and yep I think its about the best one Ive ever been to-Fresh soups-great crafts, flowers ,breads and a duo called Raw Corn-accordion and vocals. pretty much a perfect day. Obtained a beautiful stained glass heart for my window of suncatchers. I only wish Kris were there to share it with -maybe next time-soon I will be joining her in India-got my shots -well some of them-need visa -need ticket-need time-oh no - I need to pack for this weekend's trip here are some pictures of the now famous van, the farmers market and my students work-nay.. i mean my colleagues work!

No comments: