Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Houston Quilt Show Report-finally...



The Houston Quilt Show was amazing-Ive tried to break it down into smaller portions-otherwise its sooo overwhelming! I think Im getting the hang of it now that its my 4th year! I roomed with Traci Bautista and we were in the adjacent hotel so it was really nice. The first day I did Open Studios for Quilting Arts-Pokey is so amazing and generous to us artists-allowing us to plug books and such. The second day was the first time I have taught the Book of Intentions fabric book with the second part of the day in the sewing room-check out what these amazing artists churned out-and this is just a small taste-PLEASE go to my Flickr site at the right to see more pictures-the stitchery on those Janome machines is incredible and you can really tell a difference when real seamstresses sew-hmmm unlike me. Such wonderful people and so willing to pack up all their stuff and schlep it to the next class-and then the covers !!-Just a few samples here-all were so colorful and inventive


I have a Book Signing at Barnes and Noble on Sunday, Dec. 7 th at the Edinger location in Huntington Beach. ( right off the freeway at Beach Blvd.)I'll probably be demoing as always-please come by and say hi and scribble with me.
I just booked an amazing retreat at Idyllwild Arts Center next July-Its about an hour drive from here and I will post their link at the right-that will probably be the last booking for 2009. What an incredible place and how lucky am I-oh and I just found out I will defintiely be teaching at the Long Beach Quilt Show-July 22-24. New classes-Watercolor look Florals for fabric!Look for more info soon! Next post will cover the quilts at Houston-wait till you see 'em!!

No comments: