Friday, July 30, 2010

I RETURN TO ITALY AND YOU ARE INVITED!





EAT PRAY PAINT!
I have been seeing ads for the new film based on Eat Pray Love ( have you read it? it is great!) And I am reminded of my wonderful trip to Orvieto,Italy in 2009-organized by Adventures in Italy. Its funny -the story of how this came about-I was reading the book at Art Fest and I thought-how wonderful- I would LOVE to visit Italy and the VERY NEXT DAY Kristin Steiner was in my class and asked me to teach in her awesome program run by her and her wonderful husband, Bill. An answer to my prayers! I am blessed twice -as they asked me to return in 2011-and you must go with me this time! I will be teaching Plein Air Flower painting and calligraphy-Plein air means outdoors and the flowers in Orvieto are breathtaking-and everywhere you look. I will be teaching my simple easy painting style and super simple lettering to go with. You will be amazed at how easy it is to get beautiful results-this class is so popular Im writing a book about it too. This place is really indescribable as to how it makes you forget your cares and it is a total retreat from the crazy life-and you deserve to do this for yourself-just like Elizabeth Gilbert did( oh I almost wrote Julia Roberts!) The website has all the info on this week long escape and samples of the class work. I cant recommend Kristin and Bill more highly for their knowledge and care as tour guides-this truly is a once in a lifetime chance!

1 comment:

Juliette Crane said...

i was just reading your writing on crescendoh.com and wanted to say how touched i was by your piece. thank you so much for sharing! this painting in italy sounds so fabulous and definitely something i'd LOVE to do! thank you for being such an inspiration!

best wishes to you!
juliette