Saturday, July 24, 2010

I WENT TO THE QUILT SHOW!






I had a wonderful time at the Long Beach Quilt Show. I've loaded my pics onto my Flickr page-link on the right now! I saw a lot of friends and gave a couple mini classes ( the fabulous painted clutch) that were awesome! Ive posted the results -so much fun in one little hour at the Make It University by the Quilting Arts booth. I also did an Open Studios there and met wonderful people! I met Judy Coates Perez and her amazingly talented daughter Nina ( the apple doesnt fall...) also JAmie Fingal who I LOVE her stuff and her compadre Leslie Tucker Jenison who curated this great exhibit-Beneath the Surface. I saw Alisa Burke and also Linda Blinn who I hadnt seen in ages! Pokey B was so kind to let me teach my crazy class and put up with my dinginess-nothing new there! Pam Garrison and Amy Hannah dropped by too! And Ms. Traci Bautista was my houseguest -too much fun! Check out her class's stuff! The show floor was full of goodies but I did not buy much!
The pictures above-from the top-
-a pair of future artists at my open studios that were beyond cute!
-one of the million quilts in exhibits
-Leslie t Jenisons work
-and two of the students in the clutch class-sweet!

No comments: