Friday, July 6, 2012

IT"S ME ON THE COVER OF SOMERSET STUDIOS!





Its here now!!
-on your newsstands and at JoAnns fabrics-the latest issue of Somerset features me on the cover and many pages of my work inside!
The great Rice Freeman Zachery did a super job of interviewing me and interpreting my answers to her questions-here's an little preview of the pages and the cover-I love that they used so many of my new works-my newest scribbly stuff! I am re-acclimated to LBC and starting to get my act together on fall classes-look for an announcement of a very special LOCAL class on the 22nd of July-here in Anaheim

Oh and please check out my new friend, Victoria from Sedona's blog on the Right-( Sedona artist) Shes just falling into this blog stuff and you'll like her work!

9 comments:

Judith said...

Congratulations Lisa! I will look for it next time I am in town. Judith, Texas

mzjohansen said...

I just bought that issue today - and I bought it because your work was in it ! Congratulations and extremely well deserved!

LuLu said...

Howdy Lisa,

Congrats! You're lettering art is a huge favorite of mine! Your work is a fabulous inspiration to me. I get pleasantly lost in the layers....

I will make a special trip to JoAnns to buy this issue!

I hope I letter like you when I grow up! :-)

Would love for you to stop by my blog wwhen you have a moment or @. I have Freebies and Tutorials to share.

Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lou_avatar

LuLu said...

P.S. That should read, a moment or 2! Please excuse my fat fingers...

Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lou_avatar

Stephanie said...

wahoo for you!

Marjorie said...

Lisa, I ran right out to get a copy today! It's a wonderful article and is inspiring me for the workshop I will be teaching soon- Prayer Flags and I always remember back to the lettering on fabric class with you in California!

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats to you-I can't wait to get this issue!

Sara said...

Huge Congratulations to you Lisa!!! I am going to stop by the book shop on my way home from work today and buy this edition. Your work is such inspiring delicious goodness.

xoxxxo

Valerie Sjodin said...

Congratulations! When I saw the Somerset magazine I said, "Wow, that cover is fantastic," and so is your artwork! Beautiful!