Friday, November 30, 2012

OH MY CANADA EXPERIENCE!



 Barrie's





Kerri's


I can't say it enough-but I am still so surprised at the wonderful work that happens in my classes! I feel so honored to be able to watch artists work and just be there as a facilitator-I had the most wonderful experience at the BOW VALLEY CALLIGRAPHY GUILD in Calgary, Alberta for 4 wonderful days in November! I stayed with the talented Kerri Forster who was a wonderful host-despite an unfortunate incident. I taught Letterista Romans and Gothic and the great ladies and gentleman did inventive and grand work-here is just a small sample-you definitely owe it to yourself to check out the many pics on my flickr-( click on the link on the right) it is so inspiring!


                    Annette's




                      Anne Purdy's




                       Kerri's




Here are some samples from the next two day class that was Bali Lanterns-the theme was celebrating the everyday. I have to give a special shout out to my girls Anne Purdy, Kerri Forster and Thea Paul and everyone in my classes -...and whoa an art store inside the classroom!? Special thanks to Annette-thats her Autumn lantern up there-owner of  Kensington Art Supply who saw to our every art need and there were many!!

So now home to recuperate and get ready for the new year adventures! A solo show in February! An Art party in January! Letters California Style! ( My class is full but there are still spaces in several awesome classes! go to www.socieyforcalligraphy.org for the flyer)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glorious and delightful work!! Would so love to take a bunch of classes with you!! Do you ever come East????? You so inspire me!!!
Happy holidays!!

Robin said...

Wondering the same thing!! Please come to Chicago!!

lisa said...

OK! Yes i can come to your neighborhood! I will be in Chicago this May-check out my calendar soon to be updated-thanks for wanting me to teach!!